AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had (over the past couple of days), a strange reception problem on one station (6-1 ABC out of Philly). When I tune to it, it takes at least 2-3 minutes to lock on. When it does, the signal strength is strong and the picture is prefect for hours. If I change the channel to another and then go back, same thing (2-3 minutes to lock then perfect). It doesn't seem like a mulitpath issue as the signal never fluctuates once locked on. It only happens on this channel and all my other stations lock in quickly. Also, in the past, it locked on pretty quickly so this started a few days ago.

Any ideas...?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm using a Samsung SIR-151 with a CM3021 and 7777 pre amp. All this was working fine a few days ago and nothing changed.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I will try that. Could you please tell me what PSIP stands for and what that has to do with my receiver "locking on"

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,880 Posts
If the station is sending out incorrect or non-standard PSIP data, it can cause problems like you're having. This often affects only certain tuners, so convincing the station they have a problem may be difficult.

Our local ABC affiliate made some PSIP data changes a while back so they could start sending OTA program guide information. The bad data blocked all Samsung TS160 tuners from receiving the audio portion of the station. It took about a month of arguing with the station before they got the problem fixed. In my case, the key was knowing the approximate date the problem started.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.