AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Z1 and recently decided an 80" inch image was not big enough and wanted to go a bit bigger. I really wanted a 100" diag picture but would have to move the PJ to do so. Well long story short, I now have a 100" wide image and love the size. I do see screendoor when defocused from a little over 150" back. I saw SD even when I was 150" back from an 80" image when defocussed. Anyway, I was laying on my couch watching Two Towers when I noticed that the SD, well not so much the grid, but the graininess that comes from it, dissappeared when my head was sideways. Whn my head was upright it was there, plain as day for me. I told my fiancee this and after a look that told me she thought I was nuts, she tried at too and had the same thing happen. A perfectly smooth image from a sideways head. Wierd. It doesn't happen when the PJ is perfectly focused...I still see the grid while laying down, only when the image gets texured from the defocussed PJ does it work. I know it is not FPN, as it happens on paused screens and my PJ has very very little FPN. Has anyone else ever noticed this, and if so...any thoughts on why?

Bricktop

·
Registered
776 Posts
I can faintly see a horizontal scanline artifact on my HS10, but only if I'm lying on my side. Sit back up straight and it's gone. I guess we're just goofy:D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.