AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

First of all, excuse the lousy picture. I hope I provided sufficient details.

My bedroom will get moved and while it will be a significant increase in space, it is a rather oddly shaped room.
In short, I'm guessing I want 2 speakers up front. One bottom right. But the bottom left part of the room is rather big, and I am wondering if I should even put the final speaker that far apart from the rest of them.

Either way, I'm not really good at this. My last room was much easier. If anyone can provide any insight it would really be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
The first priority is placement of LCR in appropriate places. Your space is tight, but it should fit 3 spealers, albeit near walls. Try to place them close to ear height.

As to surrounds, I see several options.
Put them at the ends of the listening area, where "the guide" says to, then always sit in the middle so one of the surrounds isn't overpoweringly loud, or use dipole surrounds that send reduced energy toward the seating area.

Put them in front of the listening area, but then you'd really like rear speakers, I suspect

Put the right one halfway to the back wall, and the left one halfway to that leg's back wall, so there's now some uniformity in sound level across the listening position
In all cases, rely on your AVR's room correction SW to set distances and levels, so you have a reasonable mix where you listen. And remember that audio is flexible; it's really hard to completely screw up multichannel, so you'll probably get something reasonable out of it as long as all speakers are connected to the right channels and aimed at you.

Have fun,
Frank

1 - 2 of 2 Posts