1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from Italy

Sorry for not perfect english.

I've a Sharp Z2000 DLP Projector.

Some days ago I've seen too dark images.

Watching the lens I've seen a strange spot (internal) and I cannot remove it.

The lamp is 50% life. No eco mode. High light mode.

Here is the image.

Through that spot doesn't pass the light.

What's that ?

Can you help me ?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
12,976 Posts
I have one of those, if you're talking about the gray shaped item, that's there to trap stray light. If your PJ isn't bright enough in high contrast mode you'll need a new bulb to get back to the brightness you like.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman /forum/post/14330631

I have one of those, if you're talking about the gray shaped item, that's there to trap stray light. If your PJ isn't bright enough in high contrast mode you'll need a new bulb to get back to the brightness you like.

Thank you for your answer

Excuse, but I'm not sure to understand.. the gray shaped item is normal ??

Before ever (I think...) I saw it!

So the low light performance is not caused by that gray shape but by the lamp (but menu indicates 50% life) ?

Please, tell me more

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm very very stupid!!! EXCUSE ME!!

Yes, the gray shape is normal!! I thinked it was a strange spot, but it's normal! I've found some images of Sharp Z2000 and show the gray shape!!

So, the low light performance, is caused by lamp ? I've to change it ? But why the menu in PJ showes 50% life ??

·
Registered
12,976 Posts
It's a good thing to have a spare lamp anyway. You'll keep the old one around if something happens. But like I said in the PM if you happen to be table mounting the Sharp you could get a Dalite HP screen and triple the brightness right now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman /forum/post/14331461

It's a good thing to have a spare lamp anyway. You'll keep the old one around if something happens. But like I said in the PM if you happen to be table mounting the Sharp you could get a Dalite HP screen and triple the brightness right now.

Thank you very much

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Lamps degrade rapidly. They do not maintain their intial brightness or lumens throughout their life.

At 50% life, I would be willing to bet that you have lost at least 35% of your brightness from the lamp. Put in a new one and see the difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts