AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is very Strange. I would like to know if anyone knows what happened.

I just finished watching a movie. The credits started to roll and for some reason I decided to fast forward to the end of the credits. I was using the touch pad on my SONY RM-AV3100 remote. I was only two or three seconds into fast forwarding when my finger touched another button on the touch pad(Basically the fast forward and pause I think).

The next thing I know the DVD player shuts off and comes right back on and starts to re-read the Disc and play the movie from the beginning. However I noticed that it is no longer in 16:9 mode. I figure the player re-set it self to the factory defaults.

--Now comes the strange part. I hit Set-up and notice that all the settings are at their defaults. I go down to MONITOR TYPE to scroll through the four options(4:3 LB, 4:3 PS, 16:9 AUTO or 16:9 Normal) however I now have more than the four options I have always had. I now also have 16:9 Multi Auto & 16:9 Multi Normal. I have never seen these before and they are not in the manual.

Does anyone know what they are and why they just showed up?

Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks for any information.

Avery

· Registered
195 Posts
I'm sure you are not alone, in experiencing an equipment malfunction, using a remote which is not specific to said equipment. Use caution.

Additionally, you should check JVC website, to insure you are not due for a "firmware" update.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.