AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new STRDA5200ES. There's a DirecTV tuner and a HD-XA1 DVD player connected via HDMI. I went through the auto-speaker setup with the supplied microphone and the test-tones sound fine. When I watch video (DirecTV or HD-DVD via HDMI) there is no sound at all. I've gone through the menus, checked the manual, etc. Any ideas?

TA

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LVS-

I'm outputting to a DLP projector via an HDMI/DVI adapter. Obviously, the projector has no speakers...video only. Are you saying that the amp would still be affected by this?? As I say, the system speaker test tones sound fine, and optical inputs work...but I can't choose an HDMI source and listen to an optical input at the same time.

Another thing: On page 93 in the manual (Switching Between Digital & Analog Audio - Input Mode) when I have an HDMI input selected, I press Receiver, then Input Mode, and the display shows say, HDMI-3, but at the bottom of the screen it says "analog". I can't change it. This can't be normal for a digital input. I'm going crazy with this thing. The video works fine.

TA

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.