AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having some problems with what I would call "streaking" of light/white images with my Thumperized Viewsonic projector (Davis DL450 Clone). Here's my specs:

HTPC
  • AMD Athlon 1.0GHz T-Bird Processor
  • Soyo VTA-Pro Mobo
  • ATI Radeon 64MB VIVO DDR Video Card
  • 128MB PC-133 RAM\\
  • 12x DVD Drive
  • Win2K Pro OS
  • WinDVD Ver. 2.3

I'm currently using the PC Buffer Box that comes with the projector. I have tried using a VGA cable with an EVC to VGA adapter, but the same thing occurs. Pictures of the problem are attached. These pictures seem to exaggerate the problem somewhat, but you can obviously see the vertical streaking that I am dealing with. During movies, it doesn't seem to be too noticeable. I initially thought that the problem was due to an inferior VGA cable. I swapped out the cable for the PC buffer box, but still get the same problem. When I connect my Playstation to the projector via the S-Video input, I do not notice it at all. I also do not see it with the 14" monitor that I have connected through the PC Buffer Box. Thus, it makes me believe that it has something to do with the VGA cable or the HTPC.

I tried changing the refresh rates on the video card, but I still get the same thing. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem could be? I dropped an email to Thumper about the situation and he thought that it wasn't with the projector, but with the HTPC or something else external.

Please help!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's the other picture.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^BUMP^

Need some help here, guys!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Not being a person that can explian streaking...

If you don't see it on the monitor, but just on the projector, could it not be the EVC port on the projector?

Maybe I read something wrong here, but, you said that s-vid shows no streaking and the same cable/buffer box configuration shows no streaking on your monitor, so it seems to point to the EVC port. Bad sheiding?

I'd say try to reproduce it on your monitor. That should narrow it down. Put your monitor beside the projector and use the exact cable run. If you see it on your monitor, then your projector is probably ok, and then it is your cable or HTPC.

If you believe it's the cable, try to get a short run high quality cable and sit the HTPC beside the projector. I've got a kodak kp850 (davis 450 clone) and with the buffer box and EVC cable and with a 35 foot VGA cable with vga->EVC adapter I've never noticed it.

I dunno, I'm just rambling in the hopes that something helps...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.