AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have a home in NJ (excellent Cable TV service) and a home in South Florida (horrible). This is my idea. Hopefully someone can help me out

In NJ - Scientific Atlanta Cablebox, with its own remote. HDMI, Coax, Red-Yellow-Red, Blue-Green-Yellow, OUT and IR out

wish to connect the cable box to a "DEVICE" (thats where I need help) to the internet via ethernet into the router in NJ....

In FL -" DEVICE " would ideally connect to the internet (hard wired) and would connect to the TV via HDMI. The remote for the cable box in NJ would be used down here and would be controlled through "DEVICE" to change the box channels and features in NJ.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looked into Slingbox and it is great on the NJ side, but would need a receiver to connect it to my television here, watching it over the net or a smartphone wont work.

Basically, want a cable box 1500 miles away to be in connected to my TV through the internet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Or...anything that will stream the cable coax signal over the internet in NJ, then something that will take it from the internet in FL turn it back into coax and have the cable box down here?

·
Registered
10,873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldpalka  /t/1467828/stream-cable-box-via-internet-to-a-different-state#post_23192227

Looked into Slingbox and it is great on the NJ side, but would need a receiver to connect it to my television here, watching it over the net or a smartphone wont work.

Basically, want a cable box 1500 miles away to be in connected to my TV through the internet.

Sling Player, running on a WD box (or a few other choices), connected to the TV:

http://www.slingbox.com/go/spcd#.UWcQCbVwpC0

1 - 6 of 6 Posts