AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I current have a multi-zone reciever hooked up in a pre-wired home. I am looking for options to stream audio wirelessly from my upstairs computer to the receiver in the basement which is a bit of distance, but wireless n works great. There is plenty of great information in this forum on the squeezebox. Would this be a good option or would it be overkill given that I already have a multizone set-up. Are there any other options out there. Sorry if this question has been asked before, but could not find information on this topic?

· Registered
3,637 Posts
I use my Xbox 360 to stream MP3 files. I went out and bought a 500gb HDD to hook up to it and that makes life easy.

I also use my laptop to stream music from the internet. You could probably buy a HTPC to integrate into your system and it would have much more in capability.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mbryrans, but I just want to stream audio only and do not have a display device so the xbox would not be an option. The reciever is hidden and do not want to have to manually attach a laptop or access it on a reg. basis in any way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.