AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just researching now and maybe you guys can help me go in the right direction.

In my main theater I have all my equipment (PVR, DVD, Blu-ray HD-DVD)

what I am looking to do is use all of these devices in my bedroom.

so for example blu-ray which is downstairs I can watch upstairs threw HDMI (sound can come out of the tv speakers is fine.)

I will also be looking at rf remotes. For controlling everything. Now looking that there is HDMI 1.3 receivers coming out this is probally the way I want to go since my recieiver is really old(even though its a awsome receiver but has not HDMI switching.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like the simplicity and functionality of the Osiris Universal Remote brand. The RF receiving stations they use couldn't be easier to set up and the remotes are hardy and simple to program. I also like the Denon 2307ci for a moderately priced AV receiver with HDMI switching. The sound quality is fantastic and is the one I use in most of my HT installations.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, just saw that wireless HDMI will be coming out soon going to look into this a bit longer and hopefully I will get what I need for this. I would rather invest in a nice system to stream audio video without having to get new stuff just for my room upstairs, especially since I spend more time in my theater.

·
Registered
428 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by space2001 /forum/post/0

thanks, just saw that wireless HDMI will be coming out soon going to look into this a bit longer and hopefully I will get what I need for this. I would rather invest in a nice system to stream audio video without having to get new stuff just for my room upstairs, especially since I spend more time in my theater.

If all your TVs are within 30-50 feet of the transmitter, and you're okay with compressed video that results in picture degradation, then wireless HDMI might be for you!

In all seriousness, current wireless HDMI solutions have very limited range and use video compression - I've seen it in person, and I was not impressed.

Trent

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.