AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to stream avi's (and other video media) from my pc system to my home theater, using either a Ps3 or an Xbox360, without much success.

I tried using the windows media server functionality to stream to the 360, and while most content works fine, it refuses to work with AVI's.

On the PS3, I hooked up TVersity on the PC to do the same, and yet again, everything worked except for the AVI format (even though it's supposed to convert the AVI content as well), maybe I'm missing a vital component of Tveristy, I did a standard 'complete' install with all defaults.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
the 360 does support AVI's, however it doesn't support DivX based AVI's, it does support xvid based AVI's.

My guess is the AVI's you have are divx based and not xvid based. However there is an easy fix for that. download this: http://www.divx-digest.com/software/avifourcc.html

then open up your AVI's and if they are divx, just change them to xvid and see if they play.

- Josh

·
Registered
10 Posts
Actually, since the 11-18-2008 Xbox 360 plays Xvid and Divx files. I have tried both and they work perfectly from a Divx loaded DVD. Ti stream them from my PC through the Xbox to the TV I installed TVersity (freeware) and it works like a champ!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts