AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Frequently I make a mistake and buy a Blu Ray film that is the wrong region. Usually because they say they are All Regions and are not. Latest Rambo for example.

So I was wondering if anyone knew of any bit of kit/tool that would allow you to stream a blu ray disc/film from a PC to the PS3? I have a Blu Ray drive on my PC and it would be fab to just play my region B discs using this to my PS3!!

Anyone know if there are any nifty utilities out there to do it?

If not, I have MyMovies running under Vista MCE. Is there a way to stream the Region B Blu Ray movie using this mechanism to my 360? :S

Lastly, if I can stream using Tversity to the PS3, I'm happy to install it. I do however want to stream directly from my PC blu ray player ---> Tversity --->PS3 is this possible? If not what tool can I do to rip the blu ray to my Tveristy server and then play it on the PS3? Format and tool please...no quality loss if possible!

Regards,

T

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Simple solution is to purchase your discs from reputable retailer, then you won't have to worry about it.

·
Registered
719 Posts
When I read "Streaming blu ray film to PS3!" with an exclamation point I got very excited that it was possible. Can we get an edit to the title of this thread?

I believe it should read

"Streaming blu-ray film to PS3?"

·
Registered
1,388 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift Mojo Hand /forum/post/14213437

When I read "Streaming blu ray film to PS3!" with an exclamation point I got very excited that it was possible. Can we get an edit to the title of this thread?

I believe it should read

"Streaming blu-ray film to PS3?"

...or, "how do you return a blu-ay movie to the store?"

·
Registered
98 Posts
You can "decode" your movie to your PC and transfer the m2ts files to your PS3 however the problem is that the PS3 will only play AVC encoded files this way and the audio can be either PCM or AC3 only (i think on the AC3 only) so your DTS-HD/TrueHD audio won't work or be heard.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now now guys don't be like that. It's a simple question. I'm not a pirate. I want to be able to play the films I buy here. The whole region encoding debacle could stop all this of course but it doesn't. I've found a way to create the m2ts files Pyro but it appears that all of them have the editor cut/narrative over them which is really weird! Maybe I'll just buy another Blu Ray play and have done with it

T

·
Registered
995 Posts
Why don't you just download an illegal copy from the internet in mkv format, then convert it with mkv2vob.

Should be much easier!

·
Registered
98 Posts
You can use something like TSremuxer to make clean m2ts files by removing all the PGA and extra audio but still have to fit the guidelines. If you disc is encoded in VC-1 your going to have to convert it to AVC/H264 and of course the audio guidelines. Yet if you burn the files to a BD disc you don't need those guidelines.

·
Registered
573 Posts
You cannot stream VC-1 content PERIOD. Likes others have said it must be some sort of compatible streaming format which also has to be compatible with your streaming client. DTS isn't going to fly, so Dolby Digital is the only route you can take for your audio if you are streaming.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts