AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on building a central media server to store my ripped, personally-owned DVDs and CDs.

I'm also planning on putting some kind of network client box (Squeezebox2, for example), an amp, and nice in-wall (stereo) speakers in most of the rooms of the house. So, each of the rooms could independently or synchronously play audio sourced from the ripped CDs on the central server. So far, so good.

In the media room, I plan on using an HTPC to play DVDs stored on the same central server.

Most of the time the rooms will be playing audio material sourced either from internet or from the central server (the ripped CDs). However, when a movie is being played in the media room (using the HTPC accessing the ripped DVD on the central server), it might be desirable to also have the rooms play the soundtrack (synchronously with the sound/video being listened and viewed in the media room).

Is there a way to accomplish this? In other words, in addition to playing ripped CDs from central server throughout the house, could I also use the Squeezebox2 devices to play a stereo version of the DVD audio throughout the house synchronously and simultaneously with the main presentation in the media room?

Thank you.

DG

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.