AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking this would be useful when you are watching live TV on a RTV and it starts a scheduled recording that requires it to change from the current channel - I might want to leave the scheduled recording going but continue to watch live TV on the previous channel.

Since I have 2 RTV's and 2 tuners, why can't I go to the channel guide on the *other* RTV in a different room and watch live TV streamed from that unit?

I suppose another option would be to start recording the live TV channel on the 2nd RTV and then start watching the recorded show over the LAN, but it doesn't lend itself to easy channel changing after that.

It would require an option to playback the live buffer over the LAN ...

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
This is something some people have been asking for for a while - namely, streaming the live buffer file.

I don't think it is easy, and I certainly don't think it will ever be a supported feature. We're more likely to see dual tuners than live buffer streaming.

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
First problem is that currently the instant you (it) changes channels for the recording, there is no 'live buffer'. So, that's a major change to retain it for streaming when you get to the other RTV. I think Heather's right, it's a major change. I'd (also) rather have two tuners and have it do two at the same time. If I had that I'd have fewer RTVs.... :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.