AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not too informed about this process. She got a Sandisk MP3 player for Christmas. What (in laymens terms) is the easiest way to allow her to use the 360 to get her music to play over my Sound system. If you need more info just ask. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,461 Posts
Plug the Sansa into the 360 via USB.

Go to the media blade and music; it should show the Sansa by name.

At worst, it'll show it as USB Connected device.

You then build up a playlist and get going.

If the Sansa has rechargeable batteries and can recharge via USB, the 360 will power it even turned off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres /forum/post/0


Plug the Sansa into the 360 via USB.

Go to the media blade and music; it should show the Sansa by name.

At worst, it'll show it as USB Connected device.

You then build up a playlist and get going.

If the Sansa has rechargeable batteries and can recharge via USB, the 360 will power it even turned off.

Thanks, sounds too easy for me to screw it up. Unfortunately, she left her cable at a friends house. Will have to do it later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am trying to get the 360 to stream music from my computer as well/ I cannot figure our how to import the music from Limewire to the 360 or to my music, I cant get it to find the music. There is just a bunch of demo albums etc. on there. Anybody know the process?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
877 Posts
I guess when the song says "land of the free and the home of the brave" you think they're talking about other people's property and thieves, eh?


It's nice that you're teaching your girls to be future felons. I'm sure they'll be proud of you for that. I suppose the saving grace here is that you're too stupid to figure out simple things like the 360 and music.


You don't have any honor, do you? Whatever is easiest if life, eh? Right and wrong dictate morality, and laws reflect morality. Stealing is wrong, and it also happens to be illegal. You do it because you can get away with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150 /forum/post/0


I guess when the song says "land of the free and the home of the brave" you think they're talking about other people's property and thieves, eh?


It's nice that you're teaching your girls to be future felons. I'm sure they'll be proud of you for that. I suppose the saving grace here is that you're too stupid to figure out simple things like the 360 and music.


You don't have any honor, do you? Whatever is easiest if life, eh? Right and wrong dictate morality, and laws reflect morality. Stealing is wrong, and it also happens to be illegal. You do it because you can get away with it.

It is not stealing. One can legally have as many abortions as one wants, but I say it is murder. Going 55 in a 50 is illegal, but I find it morally acceptable. You, 5150, seem to be a rather dramatic Diva type. Your feelings couldnt mean less to me than they do currently. Please post your attention whore drama in a thread where someone gives a ****.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro5.56 /forum/post/0


Yes. I can only aspire to be as pure as you. BTW have you broken the speed limit lately? Laws do not dictate morality for me, sheep.

I promise I'm not judging you, but I just wanted to point out that folks in the AVS arena like to pay for all their content -- games, movies, and music -- and the mods won't have a lot of tolerance for copyright violators or talk of violations. Also, the tendency of people to think of the Internet as an all-you-can-eat media buffet has meant a significant reluctance on the part of some artists and/or publishers to distribute their products digitally, and it gets kind of touchy.


But heck, copying has been around for as long as there were VCRs and home cassette players, and I've done my fair share, so I won't pretend to be any sort of angel. All I'd suggest is that if there are one or two songs you've really enjoyed, you might consider purchasing them legally sometime down the road.


Back on topic, good to hear you got the devices to play nice together.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150 /forum/post/0


Then what is it, you idiot? You can't even be honest about what you're doing. Don't you have any moral fiber at all?

The reason it is not stealing, in my view, is that I would never purchase the music. The only reason I listen to it is because it is free and easily accessible. I have not purchased any music in 15 yrs or so. If one pirates music/video and sells it, then I would say it is stealing. If one who usually buys alot of music stops because he can now pirate it, I would say it is stealing. In any case, 5150, your opinion is meaningless to me. Your internet bravado is annoying however. You pop off off like a bad man. I would like to hear you speak with such (classless) hubris to my face. You slur and call names as you imply I have no ethics/honor. The irony(while probably lost on you) is funny. I get a chuckle from the keyboard commandos like you.



As I mentioned earlier, if you are so offended by my lack of integrity, go talk **** in somebody elses thread, badass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
877 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro5.56 /forum/post/0


The reason it is not stealing, in my view, is that I would never purchase the music.

Oh, I gotcha. So that punk who steals a nice car isn't stealing, either, because he would never be able to purchase the car. If you weren't going to buy it, it's not stealing.


Brilliant. Let's hope your daughters grow up without paying much attention to you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150 /forum/post/0


Oh, I gotcha. So that punk who steals a nice car isn't stealing, either, because he would never be able to purchase the car. If you weren't going to buy it, it's not stealing.


Brilliant. Let's hope your daughters grow up without paying much attention to you.


I didnt say I was unable to purchase the music, I implied that I wasnt inclined to do so. Big difference.Secondly, stealing a car is stealing someone elses physical property. The debate over P2P music downloads involves so-called "intellectual property". So you didnt "get" anybody, hero. Your argument is weak. And you forgot your trademark name-calling. At least you managed to mention my daughters.


Just so you will know, I work VERY hard to impart my views into my daughters mindset. I am indoctrinating them into my way of thinking. I usually do this at the range as I teach them to shoot various firearms. They are big gun people. The oldest one (13) is actually getting her first AR-15 this year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
877 Posts
Have you taught her to sneak onto the range without paying? After all, that's not stealing because nothing is physically being taken...


You're a thief. Dress it up any way you want, bring up any other unconnected issues that you want, but you are a thief.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub273 /forum/post/0


I promise I'm not judging you, but I just wanted to point out that folks in the AVS arena like to pay for all their content -- games, movies, and music -- and the mods won't have a lot of tolerance for copyright violators or talk of violations. Also, the tendency of people to think of the Internet as an all-you-can-eat media buffet has meant a significant reluctance on the part of some artists and/or publishers to distribute their products digitally, and it gets kind of touchy.


But heck, copying has been around for as long as there were VCRs and home cassette players, and I've done my fair share, so I won't pretend to be any sort of angel. All I'd suggest is that if there are one or two songs you've really enjoyed, you might consider purchasing them legally sometime down the road.


Back on topic, good to hear you got the devices to play nice together.

Dub-


I completely understand your point. And basically agree with it. I listen to very little music, and download even less. I was just trying to get a (little used) feature of my setup functioning properly.


Then, when attacked by 5150, I was forced into playing devils advocate. In hindsite, I should have done what I usually do when faced with attention hungry trolls, ignore them completely. Had he/she taken your approach(class, reason, logic) to voicing disagreement, this thread wouldnt have gotten so far off topic, nor would it have degenerated into an unpleasant series of insults. Point taken, thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150 /forum/post/0


Have you taught her to sneak onto the range without paying? After all, that's not stealing because nothing is physically being taken...


You're a thief. Dress it up any way you want, bring up any other unconnected issues that you want, but you are a thief.

I actually own the range, so the stealth tactics are un-needed in this case.



But. to review: If one doesnt pay for range time when they were supposed to, they are stealing. If one takes a car that doesnt belong to them, they are stealing. If one downloads a song from a P2P site, that they would not have bought otherwise, it is not stealing. No matter what your sheperd told you, I still say it is not stealing. I decide what is ethical/unethical in my life. If a law is passed and says it is stealing, my opinion does not change. If you violate the speed limit by 5 MPH, I will not question your character. If you violate the speed limit, repeatedly, by enough that it becomes wreckless driving, and put the lives of others in danger, I would question your character. Laws do not determine morality. There are plenty of things that are illegal, that I do not deem immoral, and vice-versa. Just look at those who pass our laws, do you really want them to be your moral compass? Make your own decisions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro5.56 /forum/post/0


I didnt say I was unable to purchase the music, I implied that I wasnt inclined to do so. Big difference.Secondly, stealing a car is stealing someone elses physical property. The debate over P2P music downloads involves so-called "intellectual property". So you didnt "get" anybody, hero. Your argument is weak.

I'm not joining the flame war and we're very off-topic, but you do understand that stealing is stealing, right? Your theft of a digital version of a song or album is no different than walking into a record store, picking up a CD, and walking out with it. Intellectual property is no different than physical property.


The freedom of firearm ownership, which I whole-heartedly support, is granted by the Constitution. That same Constitution instructs Congress to pass laws to protect the intellectual property of inventors and artists through patent and copyright. So, you're enjoying the protection of the Framers in one area and shrugging it off in another area when it doesn't suit you, whether for convenience's sake or otherwise.


Further, the policy behind this nation's intellectual property laws is providing incentives to inventors and artists to create new technologies and art. The main incentive is that we as a nation grant them limited monopolies to exploit the fruit of their efforts. If we allowed people to steal their property, the whole system of incentives begins to break down. While it's impossible to point to the protection of intellectual property laws as the sole reason, the US enjoys the most vibrant and productive culture on Earth, in both technology and art. However, at least some of our success is attributable to the protection of the intellectual property laws. You, by stealing, put that in jeopardy.


Also, I don't understand the justification of not being inclined to purchase the music otherwise. How does that affect the illegality of your conduct?


And you're absolutely right. We shouldn't be name-calling. The AR-15 is nice gun, hope your daughter enjoys it.
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top