AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's say I have multiple cameras setup in the house and I want to be able to view them over a vpn. I was checking around and I found a company that offers a product that does exactly what I want, however it's kinda expensive as a solution and i'd like to think of some home-made alternatives.

Being as it's for security purposes, the picture needs to be clear enough to see someones face, I won't be using webcams here and I expect most of my budget will be on good cameras.

What I want, at a minimum, is the ability to stream live video from multiple cameras so that someone can view/record the streams over a vpn.

Does anyone have suggestions in regards to software or cheap ways to do it? I know I can have multiple capture cards in a computer, each capturing their own feed. From this I need to have the computers compress the video and stream it w/o requiring any user input. It needs to do this 24/7. Then the computer on the other side of the VPN will both display the feeds and record it for later viewing.

Does anyone have any ideas? thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.