Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On 5000s and 5.0/110:

Is there any reason we can't see and stream recordings that are in progress on another RTV? Or is this under the category of 'they didn't finish all the remote control [between two RTVs] code', which I saw mentioned in another thread recently.

As a related issue, it's too bad that we can't even tell a show has started recording on a remote RTV. since you can if you are looking at the 'local' RG. With all the new shows and new scheduling, if you have multiple units and they are around the house, you have check them all to be sure all *are* recording what you want. Be great to look at the 'remote' RG from one machine to verify the status of the other machines.

Or is this another long-awaited item I've missed seeing on the wishlists?

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
It's strange that you can't do this. You can view a currently recording show locally, and you can stream a show while another show is recording, but you can do the combination of the two and stream a currently recording show... I guess if you get to the "live" part of the recording you could run into all sorts of problems.

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, at least if you could see it in the guide... but maybe that's why, so you can't overshoot the end. ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.