AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't really have an HTPC, instead I have a Popcorn Hour A-110 media streamer. However I've asked around in the PCH forums on several boards and haven't really gotten any help yet, so I thought I'd try here since I think my problems are probably on the computer end.

I have the internal hd in my PCH formatted NTFS w/Vista, which is different than usual and probably why I'm not getting much response. (Most folks format their PCH int hd ext3 via the PCH and connect to their computers via the network progams on the PCH.) My computer and the PCH are networked to each other by a crossover ethernet cable, 10/100. There is a program called myiHome that is the streaming progam on my computer. The PCH sees the folders designated by myiHome and I can stream, but the videos freeze, stop, or have looooong pauses after about a minute and some won't play at all. I don't have any of these problems w/the videos when played directly from PCH internal hd, only when streaming from my computer.

I read about a registry fix in another thread but I'm not sure if this applies to me:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=997794

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Harold

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.