AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those using Projectors. Just purchased a Minix neo x8-h-plus and have been exploring Kodi for the first time ever on it. It is getting fed a 35mbs wifi signal for use. I have been learning its ways and setting it up on a 32" tv. It is my first android device. Just upgraded the device to the latest Kodi yesterday. I have set up Genesis, Navi-X and others, all from watching how-to youtube vids. It looks nice on the tv. I also have a 114" projector screen. My question is are people generally happy with how these boxes stream content, such as 1080p movies on a big screen, or 720p television shows. It does not at the moment have the same quality as my Dish receiver or Vudu through my Oppo 93 or Roku 3. Should I be expecting that on the big screen? I see some sync issues, a little stuttering on fast moving content, some issues handling dark scenes. I have just streamed a few movies so far, one being Interstellar. Or is the fact that there is so much content worth the price of admission.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
The quality of those sources for streaming will be entirely dependent on the effort of whomever uploaded the movies. If your after quality streams for my money Vudu HDX offers the best otherwise for absolute quality you should stick to bluray based playback.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I assumed as much. Blurray on my screen is stellar and as you said Vudu also puts out a great picture, though not as good as a disc. So, as far as quality is concerned it is hit and miss, depending on the site and stream chosen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.