AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a Samsung 750, and am not happy that my RGB connections doesn't display on the full screen. 16x9 is set, but it I still have some screen I'd like to fill in.

Any ideas how to get it to fill the whole screen??

Thx

Kris

·
Registered
21,960 Posts
What are your trying to "fill it in" with?

Cable box, satellite box, FiOS box, DVD player, etc. etc?

Check the video setup options in the "user menus" of the external gear and make sure they are set to widecsreen/16:9.

If you are specifically referring to DVD's, not all DVD's are 1.78:1. Some are 2.35:1 and will have black bars on the top and bottom.

If you are referring to "programming", not all is 16:9 or HD, so you will have "pillar box" on each side.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Yes, please be more descriptive and specific. I'm surprised this issue is not discussed in your owner's manual.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well basically, I hook up my PC to the RGB input and I want the image from PC to fill the whole screen and not be cropped off at the sides

I cant zoom or anything either on the TV, as it's grayed out and doesn't allow me to

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Need to change the resolution of the video card. Maybe need new drivers with a windows update.

regards

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx Michael. The only problem I have with that is, the main "monitor" is a 42 inch screen and the resolution is perfect for that screen, I'm then taking the signal going to that monitor and just splitting the signal with a black box and then outputting the signal to the 750.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Likely have to use the dual monitor mode and set a separate resolution for the second monitor. If you can't do that ... then it may be time to get a video card with two outputs.

regards

·
Registered
21,960 Posts
You should probably upgrade the video card and get one that has dual monitor support. That way, you may be able to "match" video settings independantly for each monitor.

Ah... you beat me Micheal TLV!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My hands are kind of tied with what I can do as far as the video signal (resolutions) from the PC (long story of dual head card/video splitter, etc) I really need to find a way to stretch the image thats being delivered to the VGA input to fill the whole screen. Is there a service menu I can access to do anything in, or the like???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts