1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had the HT-33 setup. As with everything else, you get what you pay for. They are well packaged and look Ok. They were a step up from my Kenwood HTIB. They play very loud and didn't distort at higher volumes.

If you don't have any experience with higher end speakers, then you will likely be satisfied-especially at the price. If you have heard others, you will probably not be too impressed. If you read posts describing listener fatigue, then this is how I would describe my experience with them.

I bought a set of Axiom M60's Q8's and a VP 150 and can tell you the difference is huge.

Bottom line- Good value for the average listener. If you are more discriminating, then I would save up for a better setup. I sold the Streems to a friend who is quite happy with them. Speakers are like beer. Some people are quite content w/ Miller Lite. Others think it's swill and are willing to pay more for a better product.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
I'd shy away.

The web page doesn't even list a physical address. The only contact provided is a phone number.

That phone number belongs to Station Street at www.stationstreet.ca who say they are the exclusive distributor for Streem speakers. It's pretty much the only line they carry as well.

The writing is on the wall.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks larlane for the input. I haven't heard Axioms in person but reviews said they were very good speakers. My budget is limited right now and wanted to buy a nice receiver as well.

I really wanted to know how the HT-808 sounded and the HT-200 setups from Streem sounded. The HT-33 is their bottom of the barrel setup.

·
Registered
569 Posts
a quick google of Streem found that most people asking about them on forums were new members of various boards from about 2-3 years ago, only 4 or 5 posts each. then other new members would answer and say basically good things... but that's it.

they post no address, and the website and speakers are a bit chintzy looking, and they've been around for a few years with essentially no change their brand recognition.

i personally wouldn't take the risk, but i'm a cautious guy.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I purchased the HT-500 and I'm very happy with the set. They suite my setup just fine. I'm no audiholic and I don't have anything to compare them too. I can however comment on their service. I had a problem with my front right speaker and I received excellent customer service. I shipped out the speaker and received it back the same week. All shipping charges were paid by Streem.

·
Registered
569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by atpat /forum/post/0

I purchased the HT-500 and I'm very happy with the set. They suite my setup just fine. I'm no audiholic and I don't have anything to compare them too. I can however comment on their service. I had a problem with my front right speaker and I received excellent customer service. I shipped out the speaker and received it back the same week. All shipping charges were paid by Streem.

this is pretty much what the other posts i've seen about these speakers say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioholics forum /forum/post/0

...I am no audiophile but I am not deaf either...

Quote:
I'm no audiophile but I know what sounds good and what doesn't and the HT-33's sound awesome.
Quote:
Ok, I like to buy Deal, And I'm not brand name fan. Very Happy with Every thing.

seems pretty dodgy to me.

·
Registered
47 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicAjax /forum/post/0

I have to agree with you there. I took a chance with them, I had 30 days to try them out and I ended up keeping them. For the money I paid I'm very pleased.

·
Registered
52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicAjax /forum/post/9548294

Ok, so it does seem dodgy, but here is the thing, the speakers aren't made for audiophiles, I don't think. I've had the HT-808s for a little more then one year now, and for the money, this is a VERY good setup! I don't even have a sub, but still a lot of rumble in movies, and tight thump when listening to music that needs it (reggae, hip hop, or house).

I just wish someone - in the know - would do a comparative review so that people would have more to go on, rather than comments like "it seems dodgy" or in my case "I've got them and they are great for the money". But I must say, I really believe that were the people at AVS or any other well respected review site were to review these the price would probably go up. Just my opinion after auditioning quite a few Speakers in the 6 months. Because they ARE better than some of the $1000+ speakers out there! This I can tell you with 100% certainty!

Here are a couple more things I can tell you from experience:
  1. The speakers sound great if you're comparing them to HTIB but do not reproduce sounds as good as the epic 80s from Axiom (which is to be expected, no?)
  2. Great customer service and full year warranty (can't go wrong with that)
  3. if you're an audiophile you'll want more, if not you'll be happy with it

[/list]That's really all the input I can offer because I'm not an expert in the field. I haven't had a problem yet. I push them with my Onkyo 605 and they do a very satisfying job.

That said, i have bought the epic 80s from Axiom and have moved the streems to my fitness room in the basement (tv in there too). Why the switch? because I am becoming somewhat of an Audiophile in my old age (lol) and when I heard a set of high end Paradigms I decided to audition a few more. And it's true there is no comparison... but then you're paying $3000 more too so the Streems should be outclassed.

Hope this helps you and anyone else that's wondering about these

ps: I wanted to add a pic to show everyone that I indeed do have the 808s but my pc freezes everytime I try to upload a pic from my pc. I'll try to figure that out then i'll post one

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.