AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was considering the LP350 which was favored here a while back but hate the HALO light leakage, and now Infocus had fixed that problem with the new LP530 plus adding some extra stuff (2000 Lumen, Farouda scaler, and more). Anyone here knows the GOOD street price for this LP530 and where to get it?

Perhaps a LP530 power buy would be good. It seems to be a good hometheater projector from every topic I read here(Infocom). Thanks.

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
Based on the price trajectory of the 350, I suspect that the 530 will come down to about 4800 by the end of summer but will stay there for perhaps 6 months, coming down again next spring to around 4K.

Infocus tends to introduce its new products at Infocomm. They also have a lot of dealers with a fair competition for price.

Try contacting Johna Andrews at abigpicture.com and see what he has to suggest.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Projector People gave me an automated quote last night of $4749, only to e-mail me personally today and accuse me of "poking around" on their site. (I had also asked for prices on the NEC LT150 and the Infocus LP350 the same evening.) I e-mailed them back to reassure them that I was NOT a competitor checking them out. Let's see what Abrams has to say, if he bothers to answer my reply. Can I help it if I have SERIOUS front projector withdrawal after being without my 400Q for a YEAR? I am trying SO HARD to wait for the new HT projectors but it hurts SO BAD! Having ONLY a widescreen 56" Toshiba RPTV is such a PRIVATION!

Seriously, in the meantime, try presentationoutlet.com. The 530 is not on their website as of tonight, but one of their salespeople quoted me a good price a week ago. Projectiondirect also sells Infocus.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.