AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw on one web site the Toshiba DlP with the Mattehorn chip selling for under $2700, is this going to be the ball park figure for most of the newer projectors coming out with this chip? And how long will it take before someone releases a 16*9 DLP projector under $2000 on the street?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Toshiba doesn't make a Matterhorn projector. The one you saw uses a masked XGA chip.

I'd guess street prices will be around 3000-3500 for the Sharp offerings.

That Toshiba looks like a great projector though even without Matterhorn. It has the same 16:9 resolution as Matterhorn and DVI-HDCP at a lower price than any MH pjs at the moment.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Which Toshiba are you two referring to?

Any other Matterhorn DLPs being marketed in that low 2-3K price range???

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is the description from the seller's website,

"With the new Toshiba TDP-MT500 digital projector from Toshiba, you’re not just in the theater – you’re part of the movie. Featuring the lastest DLP Materhorn chip, you'll extreme 2500:1 contrast in a REAL 16:9 format. You’ll enjoy breathtaking image quality. Unrivaled connectivity. Simplified installation. With no compromise in the size or image. You’ll project movies just like you saw in the movie theater. You may even ask the theater for your money back."

Is this bogus advertising?

·
Registered
318 Posts
This Toshiba TDP-MT500 model is not being sold in the States as of yet. Just do a search for that model on the net.

Seems that there's not been any further info at PC.com about this model.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by noah katz
Sharps seem to street for about 2/3 of MSRP, which would put their MH's at $3K.
Then why is Nigel ranting about how overpriced they are in the $5K forum?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
318 Posts
I could have read incorrect information.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.