AVS Forum banner

Structured Cabling for Cat5e/Cat6

962 Views 9 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Audiophiliac
I'm looking for a structured cabling product that bundles more than 2 Cat5e or Cat6 network cables in a single jacket - 4 cables in a single jacket would be preferred.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? There are plenty of choices with 2 network cables, but I need more...

Thanks.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Buy 4 boxes (or however many you need) of Cat5e or 6 and pull them all at once. Cheaper than buying the bundled cable.v Or use the bundled cable and buy two extra boxes of Cat and pull them all ot once.
I agree - it doesn't make sense to me to pay a cable manufacturer to bundle cables together when a $.10 wire tie will wrap a bunch of cables together. Yes, I realize it's a lot more convenient, but cat5 is cheap enough that you can buy a whole bunch of spools and just pull them together like fletch says.
PS. A 250 foot roll of 2xCAT5e and 2xRG6Q weighs 70 pounds.
Anyone have any good spots to purchase such bulk cable?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMeade
Google 'structured cable' and your closest/largest city. Or search for an electronics shop, they usually stock cable.

Then again, you can buy CAT5e and RG6 from Home Depot. Purchase different colors to run together (white RG6, Black RG6, White CAT5, Blue CAT5, Green CAT5)

HD might not have a huge color selection, so you may end up at the same vendor anyway.
Thanks for the quick responses. You are all correct, it's less expensive to pull multiple boxes at once and that will probably be the way to go in the end. Not so much because of the cost but because you can colour code the runs properly.

But my original question still stands - does anyone know of a product that bundles more than 2 Cat5e or Cat6 cables in a single jacket.
I know www.multicable.com will build out a cable to your specs. We have used them to make a 36mm/36sm fiber with 200 pair 18g and 30 #10's in one cable that was 3800' ft long with a Military spec insulation. But your wallet better be full they are not cheap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMeade

Try these guys (tselectronic), just add the rest of the web stuff (dot) to it (com), I cannot give it fully until I do 5 posts, sorry!
you could pull CresCat-Q...which has 4 CAT5e and 1 Cresnet wire. :) You never know if youll want to do Crestron down the road. :)
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.