AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a CommScope wire: Link to Structured Wire . It has dual, quad shielded RG6 and dual 4 pair Cat5e (riser rated) cable in a single bundle.

If I run two lines of this to all locations, I should have enough for just about anything I need - HD/DirectTivo/direct cable modem, network, too many phone lines.

The cable runs $677 per 1000'.

Anyone think this is deficient in some way or perhaps there is still a better solution out there?

Andy

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have no direct experience with these products, but I know Belden makes a similar product which is a bit less expensive from this place:

Go to tselectronic.com

In the search box, enter 7876S

In the search results page, you should see a link to the 7876S Banana Peel cable.

I'm new here and can't post links... Sorry for the awkward link above. :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
Andy,

I used CommScope Ultrahome when I built my house 4 years ago. It has:

1. Dual Quad Shielded RG6 Coax

2. Dual Cat 5e (4 pair)

3 A single cable with dual fiber

Its a bit more expensive and you may or may not have the need for the fiber.

Regards,

Scott

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Andy, that quote is a little high. Do you know of anyone in the industry you could buy true wholesale from? www.libertycable.com is reasonable. They ship from Colorado Springs.

Your plan seems adequate. I would just add runs of 16/4 and 16/2 (for distributed audio) and a IR repeater CAT5 run if you go that route, plus 12AWG speaker wire for the theater speakers.

www.swhowto.com is a good site if you plan to prewire it yourself.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Might want 4 runs to your main viewing area. nice for an OTA HD tuner antenna, dual tuner Sat or cable, and an extra just in case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.