AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just taken delivery of an NRS and, probably because I'm dumb, I just can't seems to store to presets properly.

I set everything up, then I press the 'enter' button and the four preset lights come on red. I then press, say, 1 and that goes green. Perfect.

I now change inputs and other parameters. I then press enter and then 2. 2 is now fine, but I have now lost the settings for 1 which seem to have reverted back to the factory defaults!

What am I doing wrong? If you know, please explain step by step, assuming that I'm an idiot! Thanks!

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
Funny you mention this. When I had my NR I was unable to store presets either. Call Jeff Davis at Faroudja, he will walk you through it but, it sounds like v 2.2 unitentionally prohibits us from storing presets.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ericbee,

I'll call him, but does that mean that I *can't* do this, or does he have a magic fix?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Eric,

Do you no longer have the 2.2 NR?

I am just getting one for comparison with the Runco PFP-7. If

what I'm reading here is correct this seems like a huge issue!

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but it seems like you can't store different settings for different inputs/etc? This is plain crazy! If so why was this never mentioned? How can you even USE such a processor?

Thanks,

Bogdan

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, I *think* I've figured it out.

Basically, the four preset buttons are valid for *each input*. Once you have selected your input (composite, S-Vid, RGB, YUV or HDTV) you can then set up four presets (for that input only).

So, you can set up all different parameters, including output aspect ratio, and save all of that to a preset (4 per input type). When you switch input-type, you can then recall the particular preset for that. For example, preset 1 is different for every input type, and must be set up accordingly.

I'm happier now, but it does seem arse-about-face (a quaint British phrase) - what I really want is to have a few presets that can allow me to change everything *including* input type - i.e Input 1 for DVD player, Input 2 for satellite etc etc.

I guess the current implementation is fine if you want to cluster different settings for a given input source - like settings for sports HDTV and ones for film HDTV etc.

I haven't heard back from Faroudja - I'll report if I hear different to the above.

·
Registered
360 Posts
NickW,

Thanks for following up. It's funny how this stuff never makes it into the so called "objective" reviews of the NR I've read on this forum..... makes you really wonder..

Please post if you hear anything back from Faroudja.

Thanks,

Bogdan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.