AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(I already posted this on the projectors forum over the weekend, but I think this is a better place to post this question. Apologies to those who've already seen this.)

I'm trying to set up an HTPC to use with my D-ILA projector. I'm on Windows 98, with an ASUS Geforce 2 video card. I have a monitor.inf file for the D-ILA, but when I change my monitor type to that, it won't accept any resolutions higher than 640x480. The higher resolutions are available to be selected, but when I pick one, it doesn't "take". When I try anything other than VGA, I hit "Apply", and get the "Windows will resize your desktop, ..." message. I hit "Ok", and then the screen blanks for a second, and I then get the message "You've resized your desktop, do you want to keep these settings?". But, it didn't resize it, it reverted back to VGA, and the resolution picked jumps back down to VGA. If I change the resolution with Powerstrip, the same thing happens - it reverts back to VGA. However, if I change the resolution using the ASUS applet, it will change it, but the screen is "garbled" (bad refresh rate?).

However, when I set the monitor type to anything other than D-ILA (such as 1600x1200 Standard VGA), I am able to change the resolution.

The reason I want to use the D-ILA monitor type, other than that it's "cleaner", is that it gives me the options of choosing the D-ILA resolutions I need: 1360x1024 and 1360x768.

Any ideas, anyone?

- Dave

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.