AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The LG is cheaper right now, but the S30 has the smart features plus the home theater in a box deal at BB this week.

Any issues w/ FBr on the S30's? I've read about the ST series and up having this problem, but haven't seen anyword on the S30's.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am also looking at these 2 tvs and with the s30 being on sale this week i,m leaning towards the panasonic it just looks better and has some sort of anti glare/reflection. I have owned a panny th50px80u 720p tv for 3.5 years and love it i'm only in the market again because I want a 60 inch and after looking at the st30-$1699 vs the s30-$1299 I can not see enough difference (other than on paper) in pic quality to justify it I wish I could see a difference but I just don't.

·
Registered
94 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy /forum/post/20883333

Any issues w/ FBr on the S30's? I've read about the ST series and up having this problem, but haven't seen anyword on the S30's.

Panasonic has issued a fix for any panels that have FBr, so this is a non-issue anymore. I'm sure the S30 had the problem as well.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My issue with the FBr problem is I don't have the time to deal with calling in a tech to come and swap out the motherboard.

The last thing I need is to pay this much for a big screen only to explain to my wife that its actually defective and needs to be fixed by the factory.

I'm already paying extra at a B&M store just so they can deliver, set-up and lug my monster 10 year old Sharp RPTV away for me.

Well, I'll figure it out by tonight at the HH

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, after looking at about 20+ tv's, my wife appears to be sensitive to Plasma screens. She gets a headache from watching them and she gets better after looking at LED screens. So I guess plasma's are out for me. Now I have to redo all my research and look at LED's now. Since decent 60" LED's are out of my budget, I might have to go down to a 55" LED

Going back to the store tonight to look at LED's now. LG, Samsung, or Sharp? LOL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.