AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I just unpacked this unit, watched a movie and noticed a white "splotchy" patch during the end credits.Almost looks like light bleed.

When the lens is placed out of focus it appears as a single pixel similar to a dead pixel on an LCD.

This picture is what it looks like with the lens out of focus. Is this a dead mirror? I bought this unit from Projector People

so I'm thinking they'll give me a new unit? It only has 2 hours logged on the bulb so I qualify for a full refund if needed.

Looks like I'll be re-packing the Mits and spending another Superbowl weekend with the Z1.

·
Registered
370 Posts
If you had to make it out of focus for it to appear like a pixel, wouldn't you think it's dust or a scratch on the lens?

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarlsen /forum/post/13005376

If you had to make it out of focus for it to appear like a pixel, wouldn't you think it's dust or a scratch on the lens?

Thats what makes me wonder, I cleaned the lens with no success, and I only notice it during dark scenes and I do not see and stuck/dead pixels at the white or blue splash screens at startup.

·
Registered
170 Posts
You have 30 days to send back to PP and get a brand new replacement unit. The under 4 hour bulb rule is just for returns and to get your money back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts