AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't decide whether to get the VTF-2 MK3 or the VTF-3 MK3 from HSU research. Should I go with one of those or is there something better I could get in the same price range? (500-600)

My goal is to shake the house!!

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
The VTF3's edge over the VTF2 is deep bass. If you are concerned about stuff below 25 hz, go with the VTF3. If that isn't important enough to you to spend the extra $100, just go with the VTF2, it will mostly keep up with the VTF3 above that point. At this point, I think it would be worth it to go with the VTF3 because of its sale price.

·
Registered
8,482 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrich1636 /forum/post/19606759

I can't decide whether to get the VTF-2 MK3 or the VTF-3 MK3 from HSU research. Should I go with one of those or is there something better I could get in the same price range? (500-600)

My goal is to shake the house!!

As far as something better for $500-$600, when the Outlaw LFM-1EX goes on its best sale, they are about ~$550. The EX would then be a better bang-for-the-buck sub than either HSU. Dr. Hsu designed the Outlaw.

http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/lfmEX.html

·
Banned
8,744 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyboy /forum/post/19609951

As far as something better for $500-$600, when the Outlaw LFM-1EX goes on its best sale, they are about ~$550. The EX would then be a better bang-for-the-buck sub than either HSU. Dr. Hsu designed the Outlaw.

http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/lfmEX.html

This is true, but they just had a sale so I don't think they will have another for awhile. Those LFMs are great subs, not surprising though, given that they are mostly just copies of the VTFs.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I ponder the VTF2-3 vs the VTF3-3 question as well as the Hsu vs Outlaw too.

It probably does not make a lot of difference but it looks like the LFM's are closer copies of the Hsu MK2 subs than the MK3 subs since they are down firing.

I think I prefer the down firing design over having a grill, but I am still undecided about that.

I figure that after a month I won't care if I spend the extra $100 but I might care if I don't so if I ever get around to buying a sub it will most likely be the VTF3-MK3 or the LFM1-EX.

·
Premium Member
7,272 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chashint /forum/post/0

I ponder the VTF2-3 vs the VTF3-3 question as well as the Hsu vs Outlaw too.

It probably does not make a lot of difference but it looks like the LFM's are closer copies of the Hsu MK2 subs than the MK3 subs since they are down firing.

I think I prefer the down firing design over having a grill, but I am still undecided about that.

I figure that after a month I won't care if I spend the extra $100 but I might care if I don't so if I ever get around to buying a sub it will most likely be the VTF3-MK3 or the LFM1-EX.

Actually the Lfm plus is about the same as the vtf3 mk2 or the vtf2 mk3 and the Lfm ex is about the same as the vtf3 mk3. I beleive the 3.3's driver is on the side because the ports are too long for it to fit as downfiring.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The VTF-3 is side firing... mine arrived yesterday....
I still have some setup/calibration work to do but so far I'm pleased as punch with the VTF-3, quite musical for a large ported sub. The fit and finish are also top notch. I'm very satisfied with my purchase. I'd recommend spending the extra $120 and get the bigger sub, especially if you have a large room.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts