AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my PLV-60 and have it set up with the panasonic RP-91. When the PLV was set to auto detect the picture would freeze for a fraction of a second at regular intervals. When I manually set the PLV to 480p, the problem disappeared. Any thoughts? BTW the problem was seen with multiple dvds.

·
Registered
111 Posts
This issue was widely discussed on both this and TBP's Sanyo forum a couple of weeks ago. Apparently the freezing/blue screen shows up with some DVD players when set to progressive output, but not all. The RP-91 was specifically mentioned as exhibiting/triggering this problem.

Many reported the problem went away when they switched to 480i (an unacceptable work around IMHO), but I believe you are the first to note the difference between auto-detect and 480p.

Frank

·
Registered
304 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by fludolph:
This issue was widely discussed on both this and TBP's Sanyo forum a couple of weeks ago. Apparently the freezing/blue screen shows up with some DVD players when set to progressive output, but not all. The RP-91 was specifically mentioned as exhibiting/triggering this problem.

Frank
Frank, now you are confusing me - i thought the Toshiba 5109 was the only player that caused this problem with the Sanyo.

Could you please post a link to a post that mentions the RP-91 causing the same problem?

thks!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Frank,

I thought the problem that had been observed with the progressive output of some DVD players was a pictue "drop out" at bright flashes, not a "freezing" of the picture AT REGULAR INTERVALS. Plus, he said the problem is now not present using 480P by a simple fix. He eliminated the problem by switching the autodetection in the projector, not by switching the DVD player to 480I.

What solob is describing SOUNDS like a completely different problems than the image drop out problem you are referring to.

[This message has been edited by seanbryan (edited 06-17-2001).]

·
Registered
111 Posts
I stand corrected by both of you.

The drop-out problem was also reported on a Denon 2800, but not on the RP-91. In addition andrechen specifically indicated that drop-outs occured when the Sanyo was set to either 480p or auto-detect. The thread is http://www.thebigpicturedvd.com/dcfo...mID53/24.shtml

This does appear to be a different problem, not the drop-out issue.

Frank

[This message has been edited by fludolph (edited 06-17-2001).]

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the PLV-60 and RP-91 and have never seen this. I always have my PLV-60 set to Auto.

Would you happen to have your Progressive setting to "Off"? When you are using non-progressive output from your RP-91, you should have your Progressive setting on the PLV-60 to "On". This is somewhat non-intuitive because the setting refers to the progressive scan mode on the projector, not the output of the DVD player. When you are using progressive output from your DVD player, the progressive setting in the menu is grayed out and is presumably set to "Off"

Also, there has been some discussion of horizontal instability using progressive out put on the RP-91 related to the frame rate. Supposedly, the best setting for this is Auto2 in the menu.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.