AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently noticed what I think is a stuck pixel on my Infocus LP750 as well as another anomaly.

The pixel looks pink and is in the upper right corner (sorry I can't get a picture).

Also when the screen is black, I see what looks like some patches of green, very faint though.

Could either or both of these things be caused by dust and a dirty lens?

Thanks in advance,

Cristian

·
Registered
396 Posts
Dust and gunk inside an LCD projector can cause splotches of all different colors to appear. With my old projector whose warranty ran out ages ago I just yanked it apart and went at it with some compressed air and lens-cleaning cloths. I dont think I'd try it on a new projector, since there would be a whole lot more at stake.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well-defined colored specks in your image can only be caused by dust on or very near the image planes in your projector. Dust on the blue panel (for example) can make blue spots by diffracting light around the speck and yellow spots by blocking light and allowing only red and green through.

Dust on internal mirrors and lenses and the external lens will scatter light making parts slightly dimmer and also slightly out of focus.

Compressed air is your friend, but take care if you want to clean the image panels. They might not be well protected (to save cost) so dragging a cloth across one can scratch your pixels.

Chris

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all your replies. I will see if I can open up the assembly and get to the inside so I can clean it.

What would you recommend as compressed air? Will those compressed air cans that are also used to clean out computers be the best approach?

I will stay away from using anything that might damage (scratch) the lenses or any other part of the projector that has to do with the image projected.

Thanks,

CpT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.