Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wouldn't it just be my luck!

I recently noticed a very strange phenomenon. My system is an NEC1101 running on a DTC100 in sunny SOCAL.

While watching KCET's HD demo channel on OTA broadcast I noticed a white dot in the lower center of the image. It looks just like a "stuck pixel" on an LCD PJ. This phenomenom is only on channel 28-1, KCET, and is on all material shown on that channel. Other HD broadcasts on other OTA channels do not have this problem.

Anybody ever seen anthing like this?

I have a buddy bringing his DTC over tomorrow to see if the phenomenom exists on his unit too.

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
I have something like this, but it's related to my HTPC. It's a single dot in the lower left-hand corner, and I noticed that if I move my Windoze task bar around the screen (I have it set to auto-hide) this dot goes from corner to corner with it. I don't see it on my regular (small) monitor; must be overscan. I realize this has nothing at all to do with what you're seeing but your post made me think about it- I'd love to know where it comes from. It makes me paranoid about burn-in, even if it's just one tiny little point!

·
Registered
838 Posts
McDivit,

You are not going to believe this, but I have a 1292 with a DTC100 and until just a few minutes ago, I had a faint red/green/blue line across the bottom of the image. About 6 inches from the bottom of a 16:9 image. Very faint. Very slight separation between r-g-b lines. Anyway - I reset the magnetic focus (several times) on the green only (I think) and the faint lines disappeared.... I don't know why. They were only visible when the DTC100 was driving the PJ. I know a line is different that a single dot, but who knows. Maybe there is hope to get rid of your dot?

I'm in Mission Viejo if you ever want to compare notes...

Good luck.

Ed

·
Registered
720 Posts
If it is only occuring on one channel, doesn't that suggest that it is perhaps in the signal source from that channel?

Have you looked at the same source on a different display device to verify this?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kiwi,

That's a good idea. Now I have 2 things to test, the DTC and the display.

Ed,

I'm still waiting for the replacement 1080P box. I'll still let you know when I get it.

Cheers,

Chris

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Your dot will end up being signal related. Hide it with blanking if its not in the active image area.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
As already mentioned, unless its on the other sources as well, its not the display.

The problem is from the source.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've noticed something similar on HDnet from time to time. It appears and disappears as the scenes change. It seems like they might have a bad pixel in one of their cameras.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The dot is provided courtesy of KCET-DT. A number of messages have been written on this. Search "dot and KCET".

Ron

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Ron,

I still haven't had a chance to test with the other DTC.

My wife pulled in the schedule 2 weeks, she gave birth to our first child yesterday!!!!!!!!!

(Am I glad I finished the PJ install before this!!!!!!)

Cheers,

Chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.