AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've got a small strip (just a few pixels long and one scan-line thick) spot on the top of my screen (which is on the bottom of the raster since I'm ceiling mounted). This thing is outside of the area that gets affected by blanking so I can't use blanking to cover it. It's not from the source since it's there with the internal pattern as well. Everything else is peachy keen. I'd hate to burn a spot on my pretty CRTs (it's on all tubes). Any ideas?

Cary

·
Registered
496 Posts
If you shift the raster do the spots stay the same? Is so, I imagine it could be some problem causing burn on a portion of the tube. If the spots do move, then something else is not correct - but at least the tube would be OK.

--Kieth

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey guys, I fixed this one. It wasn't a big deal.

I was pushing the image pretty close the edge of the raster on the top and bottom. I left maybe a 1/4" on either end. I thought this would be enough but if I used Powerstrip to shrink the image, I didn't have to go far before the "stray pixel" went away. Then I used vertical size to increase the raster so that the image fit on the screen correctly again.

This is odd behaviour since the pixel(s) were right on the edge of the raster and definitely not a part of the source. I even removed the input RGB, leaving just the syncs and the pixel(s) were still there. Then I used an internal frequency for the crosshatch pattern. Still there. Really odd. It seems as if it was just a result of that partular combination of H and V frequencies.

Cary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.