AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Pioneer Elite PRO-151FD last Saturday. Amazing blacks and picture quality specifically HD sources and absolutely breathtaking blu-ray performance. I chose Pioneer Elite over Panasonic 58PZ850, even though I was getting Panasonic at almost half the price through my employer's Panasonic EPP site. Anyway I mentioned this on Elite forum: I have a stuck - white flashing pixel in bright blue backgrounds, somewhat in the middle (horizontally center and vertically about at 5/8th from top) of the panel.

I tried Jscreenfix about almost 7 hours and I tried 3 different Windows based utilities by connecting my laptop to 151FD via HDMI: Jscreen deluxe, udpixel and DPT. Now I am playing about 5 different Disney Pixar movies in loop as I was told that usually fixes stuck pixel.

What I have not tied yet is a massaging the pixel using included microfiber cloth and put some pressure on the panel around stuck pixel area because I though this approach would only work with LCDs where you don't have any glass or coating? Does you think massaging would make any difference on PDPs? My Pioneer dealer/AVS Forum sponsor Robert @ Value Electronics also suggested this idea after exhausting all other options.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL DUDE /forum/post/15589073

Massage?

If my wife caught me doing that on the 141 (not that you want to on a Plasma), the 141 (or me) would be out in the yard by the next morning... LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts