AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard some ideas about fixing a stuck pixel. My son's 26" Samsung has a stuck red pixel. I tried applying pressure to the area while powering off and on the set (as I'd read per one webpage I'd visited). It didn't work.

Has anybody fixed a stuck pixel using a type of DVD program? If so, which one. I need some recommendations. Would and ISF calibrator be able to fix this type of problem? What about a service call from a technician? Is this something that could be easily fixed by a tech? I've got a BB warranty for the TV, but I don't believe they would come out to fix one stuck pixel. Not sure. Any help from AVSers who've had this problem and successfully fixed it would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
9 Posts
I haven't tried it but a friend of mine recommended jscreenfix to get rid of stuck pixels. I don't know if you can connect your computer to your tv but if you can try it. I can't post the link due to post count so just Google it. It's the first link. Hope it helps.

· Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter41 /forum/post/0

I haven't tried it but a friend of mine recommended jscreenfix to get rid of stuck pixels. I don't know if you can connect your computer to your monitor but if you can try it. I can't post the link due to post count so just Google it. It's the first link. Hope it helps.

Thanks. I'll have to see if I can get a laptop to connect with.

Anybody else?

· Registered
651 Posts
used something similar to this made by apple for my lcd pc monitor for a stuck pixel. cant remember the name of the program but it worked. you can use google term "fix stuck pixel" and find alot of info. anyway here is a link to one particular one. you will probably have to convert it to a format your dvd player will support DVD or divx, burn it and then run it. it may not be the easiest solution but, if you google around good enough you should probably find something if you can't figure this one out. http://www.psp-vault.com/Article168.psp

· Registered
735 Posts
Sorry folks, but dead pixels are caused by non-functioning transistors. Old LCDs they showed up as lit dots. These days, the screens are "normally black" so the dead ones are OFF (black). You CANNOT fix a blown transistor. Dead is Dead.

BTW, NEVER RUB AN LCD!!!! It is a 3 micron gap filled with liquid crystal material. Rubbing can push the material out and it may NOT flow back. Yea, you can get away with it once or twice, but is it NOT a good idea. Once you push out the LC material, creating avoid, it is real pain to fix it. You have to take the LCD display and bake it to 70+ degrees C. I bet you don't have an oven that large.

· Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLASS /forum/post/0

Sorry folks, but dead pixels are caused by non-functioning transistors. Old LCDs they showed up as lit dots. These days, the screens are "normally black" so the dead ones are OFF (black). You CANNOT fix a blown transistor. Dead is Dead.

BTW, NEVER RUB AN LCD!!!! It is a 3 micron gap filled with liquid crystal material. Rubbing can push the material out and it may NOT flow back. Yea, you can get away with it once or twice, but is it NOT a good idea. Once you push out the LC material, creating avoid, it is real pain to fix it. You have to take the LCD display and bake it to 70+ degrees C. I bet you don't have an oven that large.

Thanks for the info about rubbing LCD screens. I didn't know that. Anyhow, I'm not talking about a DEAD pixel - I'm talking about a STUCK pixel. Instead of the transistor being blown and it being black, it's got a working transistor and its stuck on red.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.