AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have much for audio stores in my area so comparing isn't an option. Just from reading I'm thinking of the Studio 60's. The only other option I have is B&W and they are at a different location.

What B&W speaker would be comparable?

If anybody has done a comparison between between the Studio 60 and a B&W I would appreciate your opinions.

This is for a music only stereo setup and no sub.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I finally got to hear the CM8. Quite an improvement compared to the 32 year old JBLs I'm still using.

The location that carries the Studio 60's is more of a home installation business that handles Paradigm and doesn't stock speakers you can audition.

Using the CM8 as the reference, how would you describe the sound of the Studio's?

Which speaker might be a better match for a Yamaha RX-V661?

·
Registered
4,122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLove /forum/post/19569423

Now I really want to AB the 20's vs CM1's. I believe that would be an awesome shootout.

a more fair comparison would be the CM1 vs Studio 10. They are much closer in size and dynamics

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I've heard the Studio 20 and CM 5 side by side before and the B&W was more laid back sounding in treble presence and had a slightly more subdued midrange (vocals tended to sound a bit smoother and silkier). I find that the Paradigm tended to image better (bigger sweet spot as welll).

I prefer the B&W overall just because I find they tend to fatigue my ears less over extended listening, the Paradigms have something going on in the upper mids that makes them a little sharper and drier sounding. I think Paradigms worked better for home theater and B&W CM worked better for music in my room (which tends toward hard and reflective)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts