AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the first few waves of Studio Canal releases be made only in France, or will the UK get them too? For example, if I want T2, will I be able to order the UK version (which I assume defaults to English menus and language) instead of the French release (which I assume will be French menus and default French language)?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I've been combing the threads and couldn't find a good answer.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Studio Canal discs are all the same, it's just the cover that's different. Regardless of what country you buy it from, there will be a menu the first time you insert the disc where you select your language settings.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLV /forum/post/0

Studio Canal discs are all the same, it's just the cover that's different. Regardless of what country you buy it from, there will be a menu the first time you insert the disc where you select your language settings.

Excellent, thank you. That is a great way to do it. I'm now quite comfortable ordering a number of the March 5 releases as pre-orders.

Thanks for the information!

·
Registered
3,418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrie /forum/post/0

Will the first few waves of Studio Canal releases be made only in France, or will the UK get them too? For example, if I want T2, will I be able to order the UK version (which I assume defaults to English menus and language) instead of the French release (which I assume will be French menus and default French language)?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I've been combing the threads and couldn't find a good answer.

Or get it from XploitedCinema witch is a very good US based Import site.. got my Total Recall from there..

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
Hi,

Is it true that the Studio Canal discs have a video test to help calibrate the disc?

If so, would the video test only be on European releases?

Thanks.

Larry

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrbh /forum/post/0

The two Studio Canal HD DVD's i have (Total Recall and The Pianist) have video and audio test signals on it.

Hi,

Thank very much for the response. Are those discs European releases?

I have the U-571 HD DVD which is a Studio Canal release, but it didn't have any test signals.

Larry

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrbh /forum/post/0

Yep. As far as i know all the European Studio Canal HD DVD's has the test signals.

Thanks Guys,

I went ahead and ordered Total Recall. It's sort of ironic, I had read a thread in which a number of forum members were complaining about the sound quality of certain Studio Canal discs, including this one.

However, in the absence of the release of commercial high definition test discs, I wanted to see if these test signals would suffice in the interim. I'm also curious if I will hear the audio defect which is supposed to be an unnatural higher pitch.

Larry

·
Registered
3,418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryChanin /forum/post/0

Thanks Guys,

I went ahead and ordered Total Recall. It's sort of ironic, I had read a thread in which a number of forum members were complaining about the sound quality of certain Studio Canal discs, including this one.

However, in the absence of the release of commercial high definition test discs, I wanted to see if these test signals would suffice in the interim. I'm also curious if I will hear the audio defect which is supposed to be an unnatural higher pitch.

Larry

Well the sound from Total Recall is Normal in term of quality. I mean, the DTS 1.5mbits extracted from the DTS MA track sound good. The actual DVD remaster 5.1 track sound more Pro Logic, withc this track minic too. Got so spot with pretty good bass to (when the ship land on mars for example)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.