AVS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m in the market for a new sub, I have a budget of around $2000 CDN ,I am partial to a sealed sub as my living room is not huge and I have a corner picked out for it, I’ve narrowed down the choices to a paradigm studio sub15 or a SVS sb4000, it’s probably a win win no matter which one I choose, just looking for insight or opinions from people who have owned or have experience with either of these subwoofers.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
FYI Rythmik will ship to Canada dirt cheap.

I would also consider a pair of KEF Kube 12 for $2000 CAD. They have been gaining popularity and are apparently much better than their direct SVS competition "SB2000" (this feedback from owners who have both)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I highly recommend two subs if it is at all possible no matter how big the room is. This is especially true if there are more than one seating positions as two subs will smooth out the bass response throughout the room. Two SB3000s would do a better job than one SB4000 in nearly every room. If one sub is the only option, grab the sb4000.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Studio Sub 15 all day between those two options. Bigger box, bigger driver and more powerful amp. Both are great subs though.

·
Registered
404 Posts
It appears the Studio Sub 15 is discontinued, is that correct? Where are you purchasing the Sub 15 from? If the Studio Sub does not work for you can you return it? What will it cost you to return it?

If you purchase the SVS from SVS you can return it within the 45 day window at no cost. Also, if the SVS works for you, and down the road SVS upgrades the amp or driver, I believe you have access to the upgrades. Also, you can trade in the SVS down the road with them if you decide to upgrade.

Customer service is also a win for SVS as I have had to deal with both companies in the past.

I would suggest the SVS between the two subs that you are considering.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your right the studio sub15 is discontinued, it’s on sale for around $2K from Gibbys and even a little cheaper here in B.C. From ayreborn audio,shipping is free from both places and of course the sub comes with the full paradigm manufacturers warranty. The sub15 does look like the stronger performer because of the reasons already mentioned, I’m still very tempted by the SVS sb4000 because of the newer tech, app and front display.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Sub 15 would be my pick. That is a great price in Canada, pretty much used price with new warranty. Paradigm's subs have been getting better and better for HT over the years. I was very sad to see them drop the servo tech but HT performance is what sells. SVS is great and is really the only option in Canada for cheaper ID. Rythmik can get pricey with the heavier models.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Sub 15 would be my pick. That is a great price in Canada, pretty much used price with new warranty. Paradigm's subs have been getting better and better for HT over the years. I was very sad to see them drop the servo tech but HT performance is what sells. SVS is great and is really the only option in Canada for cheaper ID. Rythmik can get pricey with the heavier models.
He could get the F15HP for roughly $2000 (taxes in) in Canada and the F18 for slightly more

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
If he was Music first I would say go for it but the Paradigm will have a nice thicker sound which might be better for HT and he will have a warranty and maybe better resale.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Have been reading reviews on the sub15, not a whole lot of them out there, performance looks very strong perhaps even more comparable to the sb16 than the sb4000. I’m going with the sub15 with the PBK, order made new toy on the way.
Great choice! I had dual Studio Sub 12’s some years back and they were very impressive to say the least. You’re right that the Sub 15 would be a closer match, performance wise, to the SB16. Congrats and enjoy.

Reactions: docrocs19

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Have been reading reviews on the sub15, not a whole lot of them out there, performance looks very strong perhaps even more comparable to the sb16 than the sb4000. I’m going with the sub15 with the PBK, order made new toy on the way.
make sure to to give us some feedback :)

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Where did you order it from? Gibbals?

I checked the BC store and they don't show any online. Only Gibbals as far as I know. Shipping from Gibby's is shown as $129...….per sub 15....?? Did they offer you free shipping?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Where did you order it from? Gibbals?

I checked the BC store and they don't show any online. Only Gibbals as far as I know. Shipping from Gibby's is shown as $129...….per sub 15....?? Did they offer you free shipping?
I ordered it from ayreborn audio/video, I got free shipping and a PBK kit thrown in for CDN $1799. they had two units left when I ordered mine so they may have sold out. Their add was also on Canuck audio mart, that’s where I first saw it,check November 29|18 for the add.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I ordered it from ayreborn audio/video, I got free shipping and a PBK kit thrown in for CDN $1799. they had two units left when I ordered mine so they may have sold out. Their add was also on Canuck audio mart, that’s where I first saw it,check November 29|18 for the add.

Awesome deal for that sub! Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
make sure to to give us some feedback :)
Little update,I’ve had my paradigm studio sub15 for a couple days now and it sure is one tank of a sub, I haven’t run the PBK yet as I’m still getting used to it. I think I’ve got it dialed in pretty good with multEQxt32 right now, still playing around with it, very powerful and seems effortless doing it. Will run PBK in the next few days, I’m curious to see what it will add, and then bring back my Funk 15.0 into the mix, I would say I’m done buying subs for now.

·
Registered
233 Posts
You should have purchased the SVS also just to see how it does against the Paradigm because you can just return it at no cost to you. You can still do it really. Try the SB16 Ultra. I’ve owned a couple in the past and they’re awesome for the size. Ended up returning them both for a single Rythmik though.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
You should have purchased the SVS also just to see how it does against the Paradigm because you can just return it at no cost to you. You can still do it really. Try the SB16 Ultra. I’ve owned a couple in the past and they’re awesome for the size. Ended up returning them both for a single Rythmik though.
Not that easy in Canada I’m afraid. The SVS distributor up here is a nightmare to deal with after the initial sale.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts