AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK some background. I have a nice HT setup that I am very happy with. It's nothing special or really expensive but produces very nice results! I spent 1000 bucks on my speakers, Paradigm Cinema speakers, another 6-700 on the receiver, Yamaha receiver (one of the RXVxxxx series in the mid range). I spend 2500 on the TV, it's a 58" Samsung PN58A550. So while not really expensive it does add up. Well the sad news is that I live in a complex and the next door neighbours daughter just decided to move into their basement and now complains EVERY time we turn up the volume at all on this system.
So I'm thinking I might have to go to headphones. The question is will most regular amp be able to power say 3 sets of headphone off the single front headphone jack (just by splitting the signal 3 ways)? If not is there a cheap amplifier that only amplifies for headphones (that is has an RCA input and 3 or 4 RCA outputs and little or nothing else!? Someone at a store recommended that I could get wireless headphones because they have their own amplifier for each headphone.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've had someone recommend I get a Behringer HA400. Anyone know anything about this quality wise?

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Get her a pair of ear plugs!

Headphones don't need much power. After all they are powered from low powered personal music players. There are headphone splitters.

Wireless phones avoid cords. I would think you have to spend a bit of money to get a decent one.

I like my Grado SR60s. I am on my third pair (they last for years, and I have been using them a long time.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts