AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm watching tennis at midnight on the west coast. Andy Roddick is ahead in the 3rd (and last) set of a 2nd round match in Cincinnati. At midnight the TV goes black because the Angel Blue Jay baseball game that aired 5 hours ago is on replay.

Is this stupid or what? Why does ESPN2 have to black out a taped baseball game, especially when the tennis goes long? Dumb and dumber.

EDIT - 10 minutes later it comes back on. Somebody woke up.

·
Registered
170 Posts
thats almost as bad as Florida Marlins (Miami) baseball games being blacked out in Orlando 300 miles north of them on mlb extra innings when we get none of their locals up here. Same with Tampa although thats only about 80 miles away.

·
Registered
LG 65C8, Marantz SR7013, Shield Pro 2019, Elite UDP-LX500, 2 - HSU VFT-3MK5 Subs, Polk 7 Spk Sur
964 Posts
The one I like the best is when D* has your home teams game in HD on channel 96 but won't give you the HD feed because your local non-HD broadcaster has involked the blackout rule.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
OTA SF Giants games are produced by KTVU in the bay area and carried in Sacramento on KMAX. Sometimes KMAX opts not to carry a game that is available via both KTVU and ESPN, but the national broadcast on ESPN is still blacked out.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Deric, that is just in case you might want to jump in your car and drive 600 miles round trip to see a game. :)

Derg, Ch 96 is blacked out even though it is the same broadcast, with the same ads. Makes no sense at all. :(

Spwace, I have no answer for that. :rolleyes:

Can't wait until ALL sports are in HD! :cool:

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccbrew
Derg, Ch 96 is blacked out even though it is the same broadcast, with the same ads. Makes no sense at all. :(
If that happens, it is a mistake. If your local RSN is broadcasting the game in HD, and D* is carrying that feed, you get the game in HD. If you are not, it is a mistake and you should call.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Some years ago the generous politicians of San Diego agreed to buy any unsold tickets for Chargers football games for owner Alex Spanos. Despite the "payoff", the deal was not blessed by the NFL as being a "true" sell out and the games continued to be blacked out. Don't know how it all worked out as I moved.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Or Bristol County Mass does not recieve UPN38 Red Sox games via Comcast, but I can pick them up OTA. They black out the analog feed, and we do not recieve the HD feed (but the county north of us does) The games are not aired by anybody in teh Providence market, so go figure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.