AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Not a stupid question but we do need a bit more information. What kind of projector have you got? What kind of inputs does it have? Do you have a video processor or an HTPC?

A quick and easy answer is to run the cable into a VCR and run the VCR's composite output into the projector's composite input (pretty much every projector has a composite input). This is by no means the best solution, but if you provide more information on your setup, you'll get some more ideas.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
If the coax is RGB or component with BNCs, consider a combo of RCA/BNC adapters with a BNCtoVGA RGHV cable. The adapters usually cost $3.50 or less and the cables anywhere from $29.95 to $79.95. More expensive isn't necessarily better.

------------------

Ken Elliott

·
Registered
653 Posts
mcody, just a few comments. It's unfortunate that your cable box does not have an s-video output, but the composite output will be better quality than what you are referring to as coax. The coax's signal is RF modulated to simulate a TV signal. There is usually some loss of quality in this modulation-demodulation process.

As for your computer, you will want to simply plug it's VGA output into the VGA input of the projector. The s-video output is not made to support the full resolution of a computer's video card and the quality of the output will not be very good. If you have more than two devices going to VGA, you can purchase a switching device, which can be expensive for a high quality one.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are the additional details on what I am trying to do.

Ordered the LT150 and need to get Digital Cable, DVD, and PC into projector. I have no HTPC and no scaler but would consider one.

DVD has component video out so I guess I would get a 15 pin to Component Video cable.

Digital Cable box has coaxial out and composite out. I do not want to use composite but it does not seem that I have a choice.

Computer has S-Video output so I guess I would put that in the S-Video imput of hte projector.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.