AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by colour /forum/post/20893522

Inspection covers, I used them to kill a spider once.

Inspection covers...if they're opened what is behind them? (I suppose I could just open them, but I'd rather know what to expect beforehand. Cautious personality, I guess.)

My specific issue is that I see a cobweb on the left side of the screen, and I wonder if this would give me access without just taking the screen off or something and then not being able to get it back on...

·
Registered
675 Posts
When open there is a big empty area. With a largh mirror on the back, the back side of the screen in the front and the projection lens at the bottom. Using these access ports to clean all depends on where inside this area your web is and if your arms or other tool can fit through the porthole.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEP /forum/post/20893752

When open there is a big empty area. With a largh mirror on the back, the back side of the screen in the front and the projection lens at the bottom. Using these access ports to clean all depends on where inside this area your web is and if your arms or other tool can fit through the porthole.

Well, maybe I'll take a look and see. The web isn't far in a horizontal direction, but it is down a bit. Depending on the size of the hole, it might work.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffda /forum/post/20894057

Well, maybe I'll take a look and see. The web isn't far in a horizontal direction, but it is down a bit. Depending on the size of the hole, it might work.

Thanks.

Be careful use a microfiber cloth attached to a yardstick you don't wanna scratch anything.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by colour /forum/post/20894848

Be careful use a microfiber cloth attached to a yardstick you don't wanna scratch anything.

Thanks. I have a microfiber screen cleaning cloth. Do you think that would be ok? I hope I don't disturb somebody's habitat...

·
Registered
1,864 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffda /forum/post/20894943

Thanks. I have a microfiber screen cleaning cloth. Do you think that would be ok? I hope I don't disturb somebody's habitat...

That should be fine. Don't worry about someone's/something's habitat unless they're paying rent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.