AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My life sucks I get 8 minutes a day of non elmo time where kids are not screaming in my ear so that I can set up my new remote and I can not get this g*d d*mn excel to open the analysis tool pack. I can find the file, I can click on it but ADD In is greyed out on the tool bar and not accessible, I am starting to sweat and bang the mouse around. It will never all come together

·
Registered
172 Posts
I had a heck of a time setting up the analysis tool pack. For some reason I could not activate it when I opened up the Excel worksheet that needed it. What I finally did was to close Excel, and open it again using a new blank worksheet. Then I was able to activate the analysis tool pack.

Hope this helps

Kenny

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
I just started using Keymap Master yesterday and have totally tweaked my One-For-All URC-9910 to the max for 9 devices (supports 8 at a time, I switch between 2 custom dvd codes when needed).

Hang in there. What hotwire says sounds right to me. When I first started, I knew about the Analysis Tool Pack before starting but forgot any way and got the result you describe. I closed the spreadsheet, started Excel fresh, set the Analysis Tool Pack, closed Excel and then started up Keymap Master without problems.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually got it to work and now I don't remeber how but it is activated, but only right before I almost pulled the trigger. Any way JP1 cable is on the way and I can't wait to see the look on my old ladies face when everything is working right.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Hmm, I never had any problems activating the toolpak, so I have no idea what the problem was, but Excel is a Microsoft product, so I'm not surprised! :)

Also, just FYI, for all the MS haters out there, and for people who just don't have Excel, there is a Java program called RM (Remote Master) that has most of KMs features.

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
The JP1 cable, Keymap Master and IR are awesome! --and addictive. I've now custom programmed all of my devices (10 total) just the way I wanted them even though my One-For-All had codes that worked for most of them (except 2 Chinese DVD players - Sungale). It's so cool to have a universal remote that can TOTALLY replace every remote and not cost over $100. Being able to save the configuration to the computer is great too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.