AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the risk of sounding like an idiot, I have a question.

I cannot seem to figure out on myreplayTV.com how to take an existing show that records one episode, and make it keep two episodes.

I'm on vacation, using myreplaytv for the first time in a year. My "survivor" show keeps only one show and I want to change it to "two" shows before it is too late. I haven't watched the existing single show that has already recorded yet.

I can click on survivor in the "Replay Channels" tab and see "Find Matching Episodes", "Delete", and "Close". However, I see no "edit" feature to increase the number of shows that are kept on the unit.

Please help if you know the answer.

· Registered
9 Posts
Quite simply, you can't edit a channel with My.Replaytv.com. I wish you could, but the only way to do it is to create a new channel after deleting the old one, but deleting the old one will delete all the shows in the channel, and I can't remember if there is a "Preserve this Episode" option on My.Replaytv.com so this won't be useful to you in the slightest.

· Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, thanks for the quick response. Not what I wanted to hear, but back to my vacation and I guess I'll miss last week's Survivor then. I'll have to go to NBC now and see who got booted.

· Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whoops, better make that CBS. He he he.... Replay makes you forget what network you are watching, and when the show aired! :D

· Registered
1,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by joesc1
If you wanted to, you could turn off the recording for your channel, then create a show based recording of Survivor. It looked like it worked when I just did it.
I don't think so. The only way to turn off recording from MyReplayTV is to delete the channel, and that will delete the episode that's already recorded.

This is probably the most annoying limitation of MyReplayTV.

· Registered
95 Posts
No. The most annoying limitation of MyReplayTV is that you cannot schedule shows within 24 hours. (I realize this can be worked around, but it's unreliable and not easy.)

Ivan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.