AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
No....When you scale you are not add'n detail to the image. You are taking 480i and upcoverting it to a higher scan rate from 15.75kHz= 480i/240p to 33.75kHz= 1080i/540p or 45kHz = 1440i/720p.. Yes, the image looks more like 35mm film because the image is smoothed but you can not add datail by scaling.

I hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
8,104 Posts
PF,

I have the 2000HD to play around with (it's a demo unit, on loan from a dealer). It's an awsome piece of work. However, IMO, it is not for a typical home user. It has no remote control, it's single source (SDI or component) and has limited functionality for HT systems.

It's more for broadcasters and high end studios that need constant progressive input signals in place of their SDI or component source.

The quality of these units is really quite extraordinary - but the LEEZA is a much better fit (financially too) for an HT. The LEEZA would be a bad match for broadcasters, since they don't need to adjust alot of parameters and want just the image to be shown without any frills or nifty features.

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
Key Digital is a Special Guest at the AVS Special Guests forum this week!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.