AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on getting a receiver in the near future - and obviously I will use an optical cable to hook up my cd player. I do use my ipod/itunes a lot for music - so is it worth it to buy one of those ipod adapters for a receiver - wouldn't anything that adapts to the 1/4" headphone jack be just like using basic AV cords?

Let me know, thanks.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I think he means headphone out to stereo line in - aux inputs or other

There is a minijack-> stereo RCA adapter, but I also think the general consensus is that this method is noisy

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
It really depends on if you want to be able to control the I-pod from the receiver and charge the I-pod.

I bought my wife a car stereo with an I-pod dock, it's kind of slick as the song title and info scrolls in the stereo display and the stereo has full control of the I-pod so we just leave the pod in the glove compartment.

If you do not care about stuff like that then a simple 1/8 inch stereo to RCA patch cord is all you need.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehs725 /forum/post/0

Ha - oops my mistake. I just meant output from the ipod's headphone jack. I guess I made it even more of a stupid question eh?

So are you in Canada, eh? (not to be misinterpreted that "stupid" questions come from Canada or that this even is a stupid question).

Ed

·
Registered
210 Posts
what you need is a 3.5mm to RCA cable. Can't speak as to whether the dock will sound any better. Personally I wirelessly stream my itunes from my laptop to the receiver using an apple airport router, which connects to my receiver using the cable as mentioned.

cable:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=240-135

That is a real cheap-o, they have some better ones under the Dayton brand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.