AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading the FAQ's and I might be missing something. I want to connect my computer to my HDTV. The tv has YPbPr/GBRHV inputs labeled with 480/480p/1080i with 5 RCA style connectors.

Do I need an expensive ($169+) converter? Or can I buy a cheap VGA to Component cable? I would be using powerstrip of course.

My end goal is outputting 540p and 1080i (or better) from my computer to the tv.

·
Registered
134 Posts
RGBHV inputs = you're in business you can send the plain VGA signal. Just buy the cable (not a component one....you need 5 wires not 3) or make one yourself. You can find info here on how to make it.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
If your tv has the inputs as you indicate. Then all you need is a VGA to RCA cable. Check at Better Cables at the top of this news group.

With the right video card and power strip you should be able to achieve your goal of 540p, I'm not sure about 1080i... unless you are using a HD video card such MyHD or HiPIX.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am planning to do the same thing with my SOny 55 tv. I was thinking that I need to get an AIW card or something special. Are you saying that I can avoid the expense and just use a simple cable?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.