AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, this is going to sound stupid but I'm confused between bi-amp and bi-wire...

Is it required to have two sets of binding posts in order to bi-amp your speakers? I'm assuming that's the case - otherwise how do you combine four speaker wires from your receiver/amplifier for each speaker (plus minus plus minus) to just two inputs for your speakers (plus minus), right?

I have a Denon 3808 which allows you to bi-amp with 5.1 (use the other 2 amplifiers from what would be a 7.1 system). But I have Mythos STS speakers which only have one set of binding posts for each speaker...

So yeah, stupid question asked...

Thanks.

·
Registered
30,789 Posts
You need two sets of binding posts to bi-amp or bi-wire If your speakers have only one set per box, you cannot do either. Consider yourself fortunate.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson /forum/post/17033468

You need two sets of binding posts to bi-amp or bi-wire If your speakers have only one set per box, you cannot do either. Consider yourself fortunate.

I assume that the "rolleyes" is because it might be more trouble than it's worth? Thanks for the response - one less thing to worry about!

·
Registered
128 Posts
its mainly for the question and also that doing a bi-amp to 1 post could damage your speakers

·
Registered
4,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofoff /forum/post/17034548

its mainly for the question and also that doing a bi-amp to 1 post could damage your speakers

How so? I see it potentially causing more damage to an amp than the loudspeaker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts