AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm experiencing a weird stuttering problem that's a little difficult to describe, but I'll do my best to paint a picture of the situation.

I have in my possession a .ts file, and inside is one video track, and two audio tracks. They are as follows:

Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1920 x 1080 23.98fps

Audio01: Dolby AC3 48000Hz 6ch

Audio02: WAVE_FORMAT_EXTENSIBLE 48000Hz 6ch 4608Kbps

Situation 01:

Media Player: Media Player Classic

Video Decoder: FFDShow Video Decoder; libavcodec

Audio Decoder: I have no freaking clue; Haali Media Splitter shows up in the task tray, and I can't get it to use FFDShow Audio Decoder. The only thing I can do, and the only thing I do, is set up MPC to use AC3 under Options > internal Filters > Transform Filters. I double click it and set it to SPDIF for AC3 decoding (even if I change it to something else, it automatically changes back to SPDIF for w/e reason).

my receiver shows Dolby Digital but both audio and video playback is horrific, stuttering constantly. But this is due to my crappy CPU, and even when I tried CoreAVC a while ago, it was still pretty bad, even though much much smoother.

Situation 02:

Media Player: Media Player Classic

Video Decoder: I assume w/e comes with Arcsoft Totalmedia theatre, as video playback is super smooth, CPU usage is very low and this all happens after I disable FFDShow Video Decoder for H264 content.

Audio Decoder: Set the exact same as situation 01.

my receiver shows Dolby Digital but both audio and video pause for about two seconds at a very non consistent rate. In between these "pauses" video playback and audio playback are in sync, and smooth, but it's bad enough to make it not watchable.

when I change the audio track to WAVE_FORMAT_EXTENSIBLE 48000Hz 6ch 4608Kbps, both video and audio are 100% smooth, but only the left and right channels are coming through to my receiver. And if I enable dolby digital live on my sound card, it's still the same.

I might add that I tried playing this file on my Playstation 3 as well (this may or may not help to isolate the problem). When I play it on my PS3 and I select the AC3 track, everything plays fast, but clear, and no stuttering. When I select the Wave track, everything plays normal, I believe it was playing Linear PCM Stereo sound. I don't remember for sure, but I think I was able to hear the sounds of all the channels, but it was in stereo format (down-sampling, I'm assuming) but I'll only check again if anyone thinks that is really important. This was with the lastest update to the PS3 dashboard, and it's probably important to mention that I've tried playing this file on my PS3 several times with several difference dashboard version (as they came out) and the results were never watchable. Through a couple of updates, the sound didn't even play but instead a loud annoying static sound in place of it.

That's the situation as best I can describe it and with as much information as I am able to provide on my own. If you need any more information, please let me know what it is, and how to get it and I'll get it posted.

Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update may include side effects such as bumpage:

I just tried playing the file on my PS3 again, and the official results are that it not only plays fast, but it actually does stutter as well. And again, the alternative audio track played great...but only left and right channels with all the other channels MIA.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts